Thursday, January 08, 2004

Well, its thursday again, and of course I still have a weeks worth of work to get done before the end of the week. So what am I doing about it, watching the MacWorld 2004 keynote address. My technolust is growing by leaps and bounds. If project Mono was just a little further along, I would be able to switch to a Mac. But my Sony laptop still does pretty well. It's just not a Mac.

My C# project is going well, I am currently stuck on how to use COM Object inside of ASP.NET. I am so use to the classic ASP. But I am sure with a couple of google searches and it will be figured out. Then I will move on to something else to be stuck on.

I finally got most of the ADO.NET connections through C# figured out. It's just not that bad, especially since, I try to only use Stored Procedures. I am sure that there are those out there that say that inline sql is the way, to go, but I just don't feel it is very secure. Especially since SQL injection attacks are so easy.



I got to talk with my Dad today. That was really nice. I am so glad that we have a good relationship and that we get to talk. We used to work together everyday and I miss that very much. Yeah, Yeah, I know, am imagine that, a son that liked working with his Dad. Don't here that too often do you. But being a grown-up means moving on. Taking the more corporate jobs and if you can manage it even getting a job with benefits.(imagine that, huh?)

Being a grownup isn't like the brochure we saw in school. Remember? We would be able to get a job and spend our money on whatever we want and go wherever we wanted. We would have cool cars and a cool apartment with neon everything. Now I know, that my money is spent on whatever a three year olds and I get to go wherever a three year wants to go. The interesting thing about it is, I don't think I would have it any other way.

No comments: