Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Today was good. I got through two chapters of my book on UML. It is really well laid out. It makes UML almost easy to understand. I want to get UML and the software analysis and documentation side of things complete down. That way I can avoid costly design mistakes.

I worked on my new project in C#. It went well. I had some help, Ed rocked, he must of been sick of me IMing him with questions but he answered them all. So C# is now part of my language set. Actually it is a really good step away from VB. It's more flexible because it doesn't hide things away from you. However on the flipside of that things there were just there like. VB.NETServer.MapPath(strName) Is not that simple in C#. Now you have to make sure that you are calling in the "System.Web" Namespace and then get the Server.MapPath from the HttpContext. using System.Web; ....HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath(); Well since I hate writing the same code twice. I created a utility class and a function called getPath. using System.Web; public class WebUtil { public WebUtil() { } public string getPath(string strName) { string strPath; strPath = HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath(strName); return (strPath); } }

No comments: