Friday, May 13, 2005

Testing and Haircuts

Hello All, I know it has been a while since I've posted anything. What can I say, I just haven't been able to think of anything to write lately. I've been studying like crazy to get my MCAD and MCSD certifications. I won't bore you with the level of techno dribble that I've been stuck in, I will only say that I can tell you what the enumerations for several classes include TRACE and DEBUG. In fact I can nearly write a complete set of post on it...but I won't...not today anyway. It is a beautiful sunshiny day here in Southern California, and I feel like being chatty.

Like I said earlier I am studying for my certifications. I actually took the first test about a week ago wednesday. How'd I do? I failed miserably. I came home telling my wife that I was going to have to learn to dig ditches for a living again, I was so upset by how badly I did. Fortunately they let you know which parts you did well and which parts you did less than perfect at. So after my Beautiful Wife talked me out of being a ditch digger and gave me a great pep talk (She really is the best!) I resolved to become an expert at the things I did the worst at. So I have really been studying taking notes, and thinking through the whole process and not just reading the material. In fact I won't let myself leave a page till I understand everything that is one it. So now when I take the test next week, I might just be ready for it....I hope.

In other news, the Little Boy is showing how advanced he truly his, he is doing things that most kids don't do till they are six or seven. For instance, he has just recently began styling his own hair. Yeah that's right, he got the scissors out and gave himself quite a stylish haircut. He calls his new hair creation the "D'oh". Apparently for this haircut to be done correctly one must find the only sharp pair of scissors in the entire house (personally, I didn't know we had any sharp scissors) and artfully remove erradic circles of hair from the back right quadrant and front left quadrant of the scalp. In a pattern akin to crop circles. While we let him know that we were very proud of his artistic and creative achievement, we warned him that next time it might be best if he had some adult supervision during his next endeavor. He reluctantly agreed.

No comments: