Friday, May 13, 2005

Cycling Coverage for People without Cable

We don't have cable. I know that its hard to believe. Everyday on the train I go past the projects in LA and every single person there has Dish Network or DirectTV. (Your tax dollars hard at work there providing low income families with the basics like food and HBO). Anyways I digress, we don't have cable or satellite, it is an additional expense that we just don't need right now. However that are certian things that I would like to see. For example last year I wanted to see the Tour de France. My sweet Mother video taped all 21 days of the race for me. I enjoyed every tape, and it was really kind of her to do, but it was also a lot of work. This year, I wanted to watch the Giro D'italiana and the Tour de France. Well two things have happen'd my Folks have TiVo now, and they are on Satellite and they don't get OLN, which is the channel that covers the Tour de France, and most of the major ProTour cycling events.  

Well OLN has stepped up and figured that hey, there may be people out there with broadband internet access yet they don't have cable or satellite. Which is our case, so for $5.95 you can view the racing action online. So with the Giro D'Italiana I have been doing so. First I have to say that this is really nice, and that I hope enough people subscribe so that OLN will keep this going. That being said there is one thing I think that could be done better. One of the things I miss is hearing Phil Liggett, Paul Sherwen and Bob Roll, their commentary is great. They add so much to the action because I have so much respect for both of them.  If we had their commentary as we watched the footage from the webcast it would be awesome.

No comments: