Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Joining the Digital Camera Revolution

So, I've finally done it. I went out and bought a digital camera. Of course this feat didn't happen without lots of homework, research and agony. I am sure that I drove my Beautiful Wife up the wall with this one. But of course in her wonderful way she answered my barrage of questions with her sweet, your a silly man, but  I love you anyway. So what did I get? Well I got a Panasonic Lumix FZ20s. Okay, what's a Panasonic Lumix FZ20s. Well, it is a cool looking silver camera. (silver is what the s stands for). It is a 5.3 megapixel camera with a Lecia 12x optical zoom lense. The 35mm equivalent lense would be 36mm-432mm. Overall it is a really nice camera. Instead of writing a long review (which I am not very good at), here is one by steves-digicams.com

I do have to say so far I am really happy with it, and it lets me do almost everything that my old Pentax spotmatic does. Of course being a digital camera, it does have the whole instant gratification of seeing the photo right after it is taken thing going for it. So between the new camera, and the images I've been taking lately, I figured it was finally time to start a photoblog. We'll see if my hectic work schedule will allow me keep both my blog and it going.

No comments: