- If within three paragraphs they mention how flexible the product is more than five times, it probably isn't.
- Gleaming technical information from marketing materials is like reading hieroglyphics, it is doable it just takes a lot of studying and it may not be a true representation
- A RFP response is like staring at the sun, if you look long enough you will burnout your retina.
- Brevity is our friend...All of those marketing people out there, repeat after me brevity is our friend.
- Sending me a RFP response in PDF format is great, but don't expect me to read 200 pages off of the screen, cause, I'm just not going to.
- Most important of all, the ones that include pictures keep you from getting bored as fast! If their in color it's even better.
Sunday, March 07, 2004
How to Read a RFP response
A good portion of my afternoon has been spend reading some of the RFP responses we have received for a project we are doing at work. What is an RFP? Well friends it is an acronym for Request for Proposal. So we sent out a fifty page RFP. What we get back ranges in size depending on how bored the sales and marketing teams are at each company. From this I have come away with some useful information. No so much on the products but on how to read a RFP response.
Posted by Russ at 3/07/2004 06:15:00 PM