Saturday, February 14, 2004

Starbuck flows through my blood

I know that I haven't blogged since Wednesday. And lets face it, that one wasn't terribly exciting. (Not that this one is going to be some great literary work either) It's just that work has been so nuts. We are implementing the CMS from Bravo Zulu. It's called SiteSolution. I really can't speak highly enough about it. It uses XSL to translate the XML extract from the database in to, well your website.

So now that I have this amazing web publishing and content management tool, I have to get the entire web site into it. That doesn't sound that bad right? I didn't think so either, until I did the spreadsheet. I listed the pages, and the elements that need to be on each of those pages. It looks like I am creating star charts. The thing is huge. And of course, I need to have this all done yesterday. So I haven't been sleeping too much here lately.(IE the complete lack of creativity.) Don't get me wrong, I am really happy to do this project, it is something I have wanted at work for 2 years now. But it is a lot of work. I have to not only touch every page, but every element on the page. I was working from my memory as to what was done and what wasn't till yesterday. I can't believe I did that. It was so much to keep track of. So like I said, not sleeping great. And you know what that means. Yes more coffee. Starbuck Venti Quad Soy White Chocolate Mocha.(I believe that in the future this may replace fossil fuels in cars) Starbucks flows through my blood, currently it is the replacement for oxygen. (being asthmatic oxygen and I have always had a sketchy relationship as it is.)

No comments: