Friday, January 30, 2004

A programmer is born!

Last night I had a mountain of work to do, and was actually inspired to do it. I started writing this C# console application that handles sending emails once it is called from a stored procedure. I know, I know, the words are english, but is he saying anything. (If you are a programmer, the answer is yes, if not...sorry) So on the train home I started laying out the structure of my application on my handy dandy sony viao laptop. When I got home, I wanted to just kind of keep the flow going. But the little boy wanted some attention. So he got some, what we did was combine our interesting. So what we ended up with was the little boy writing his first try catch statement in C#. Not bad for a three year old. try { } catch(Exception e) { writeError(e.Message); } Now before you start stating you astonishment, let me explain how his first programmer session when. Trav, which one is the "T", good, now which one is the "R", no that was a "E", which one is the "R", very good you did it. So it took us about 15 minutes to write our try catch statement. But we did do it, and we did it together. I put comments in the code of the application starting the date that the little boy had written his first snippet of code.

No comments: