Friday, June 17, 2005

AJAX + .NET = AJAX.NET

Well, this will be my first techincal post in a while. I've been studying for my MCAD, and for some reason, that has not made me want to post anything to technical, however this one is too good not to share. Of course I've been reading about AJAX (Asynchronous JavaScript and XML) for a while and have really loved the concept. The bacis concept is using Javascript and XML to send the data back and forth the the server instead of making a new page request. A new page request forces the page to reload on the users machine, where AJAX does the request in the background and is invisible to the user. You may have already used a web application that uses AJAX, if you've tried Google Suggest, you've used a AJAX enable web application.

Well, of course the idea of doing an application that uses this technology (group of existing technologies actually) has been intriguing to me, but I haven't the time or energy to work out how to implement it in our environment here at work. We are a Microsoft shop working mostly in C# but also doing some VB.NET stuff. Then I came across AJAX.NET. Looking at the documentation, this is going to make it so easy to do a proof of concept. If you have to do a lot of web user interface, check out AJAX.NET, while it isn't a perfect solution to the web user interface problem, it's definitely a step in the right direction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why Miss Hathaway I have no Idea what you just said ! But you sure is Pretty!