Saturday, April 17, 2004

RSS Feed Junkie...have iPod will Travel

So I admit, I am an RSS feed junkie. I rather have my RSS aggregator open and the feeds stream into it, then to open a browser and look at the site that the content is coming from. At work I leave it open all day, and check it whenever it is updated. Now I know that everyone has worked really hard to make their blog nice to look at, I know that I have, but I just like having the content coming to me, instead of me going to it.

Now, I have my iPod, and it is great for my music, but what about RSS feeds. I know what you are thinking, those two things have nothing to do with each other. And at one time that is true. However, someone has written an app that lets you sync RSS feeds on your iPod. It is called iPod Agent. It is written in .NET (of course) and does a lot of stuff to make your iPod not only your music play, but a real world PDA. You can sync Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes, Weather and RSS News Feeds.

So now,  I can listen to Dave Brubeck "Take Five" and catch up on reading my Email, and favorite blogs! Engagdet has a great post on it.

No comments: